Frequently Asked Questions
What is counselling?
Counselling is a safe space where you can reflect upon your emotions and feelings. Within this space, we work as a team to discover patterns of thoughts and emotions that may be causing you pain or affecting how you deal with relationships. Not only the relationships you have with others, but also the relationship you have with yourself.
Then as we reach an understanding, we create new strategies to help bring about a positive change, so that you feel more equipped to handle the challenges that are a part of your daily life.
What are the benefits to counselling?
Many benefits come from working with a counsellor.
- A counsellor is an impartial therapist, so there are no restrictions on what you can say and how you say it.
- Therapy sessions take place in a friendly, private, confidential, and safe environment. Either in the office or at your home via phone or Skype.
- It is a safe space where you can discuss your emotions and thoughts without feeling judged or undervalued.
- A chance to discuss and resolve problems you are experiencing.
- An opportunity to express yourself openly and honestly, as little or as much as you wish.
- Discover new ways of feeling positive and empowered.
- Learn effective and proven strategies that bring about positive changes in your life.
- And many other benefits that are unique to each client.
Am I obligated after the first consultation to continue?
You are not obligated to continue if you feel uncomfortable for any reason. It’s important that you feel we are the right “fit” for therapy to be of value. If this occurs, I am happy to refer you onto another counsellor with no hard feelings. It has to be right for you.
To arrange a no-obligation 20 minutes free consultation click HERE.
Accrete Counselling – Growing Together
ABN: 91 564 710 585